Search this site and the web

Custom Search

Search Results

Saturday 3 September 2011

Just who the heck is Big Norman


So just who the heck is big Norman?  Or should I say, what is Big Norman? 

Being a bit of geek myself I buy a lot of technology gear, and if I don’t buy it, I’m always looking at it.  So it’s fair to say that I’ll always shop around for the best deal to be had.  Why buy in the high street for full rrp prices when you can get it cheaper online and delivered to your home for free?  That’s my motto anyway. 

Big Norman is new to me, new to everyone in fact, it’s due to launch officially with a big bash at the end of September but the website is live right now.  They offer all the usual tech products you’d expect to find on this sort of site, except they’re cheaper, and delivery is free.  I’ve had a lengthy browse through and I did a price comparison on some popular products with the major online stores like Amazon, Play.com and Tesco online.  Guess what, Big Norman is cheaper, by a significant margin.  I happen to know that these guys have just received a significant investment so they’re here to stay, and they’ll hopefully inject some much needed competition into this sector. 

Big Norman is no longer just your overweight Uncle, he’s here…

2 comments:

Leon1 said...

Apparently BigNorman.com are actually the defunct Camerabox company trading under a different name and selling grey imports from Gibraltar.

Anonymous said...

I bought a Canon 60D with a 18-200mm lens kit. The camera body came in wrong packaging and no lens even though their website was showing in stock.There was no invoice and no written warranty. The item came in manufacturers box only which was slightly damaged. Having spent nearly a £1,000 I thought they could have packed it better. Still waiting for my lens.